The Guiding Principles of the Palmyra Area School District
As Palmyra Area Schools, we...
- will always support core academic subjects (reading, writing, math, science, social studies) as district priorities.
- will provide evidence-based interventions in the areas of literacy and math for targeted students at every grade level, realizing that a strong K-2 literacy foundation is imperative.
- will adhere to all federal and state mandates.
- will allocate resources to those non-core, academic, electives that meet the needs of the largest number of students, while maintaining a balance of offerings.
- will create learning environments that better prepare students with 21st century skills (inquiry, research, collaboration, presentation, reflection, innovation) by:
- integrating them across the students' Palmyra experience.
- utilizing technology resources as tools for teaching and learning.
- realize that to improve teaching and learning and meet our goals as a district, it is vital that we will maintain high-quality:
- cohesive, strong leadership.
- professional development related to our district vision.
- recognize the need to:
- examine the other cost efficiency measures.
- rely on data to inform our decisions.
- research efficient, collaborative solutions with other educational entities, local programs, and area organizations before any student programs are cut.
- will offer co-curricular activities for all students in a (more) efficient and cost effective manner.
- will create and maintain physical learning environments (facilities) that are cost effective, with attention to the environmental impact.